8,000 square feet of Vendors
We would love to have you as a Vendor at The Rusty Rooster Antique Mall. We are looking for VENDORS that want to sell their antiques, collectables, primitives, artwork, furniture, décor items, handmade items, as well as local vendor products. To become a vendor, Maryland law requires the following:
A) You must obtain a Somerset County Traders license
- To do so you must go the Somerset County Clerk of Court (at the Courthouse)
- They will then send you to the tax assessment office (to be assigned a number)
- Then to the Treasurer’s office (to get a signature)
- Last you go back to the Clerk of Court to file your license.
- All of these building are within less than 1/2 mile of each other and the process takes 30—40 minutes.
- You will need a phone ID
- Social Security Number/Card
- Name and address of our business The Rusty Rooster Antique Mall 31648 Curtis Chapel Road, Westover, MD 21871
- Cost is $17 for inventory less than $1,000
B) If you are filling under a business name you will need a Federal Tax ID number. This can be applied for online with the Maryland Comptroller at http://www.marylandtaxes.com
We are happy to help or answer any question to assist with this process. Feel free to contact us. We also recommend you contact your account to inquire about any tax questions. If you have questions or are ready to become a vendor with The Rusty Rooster please contact Kelly or Jeff Logan at 410-957-0300.
What are the benefits of becoming a vendor?
- High Traffic Draw with Other dealers and a Highway Location
- No ownership confinement and obligation of long hours
- No high expense and overhead of doing business (utilities, phones, banks services, etc.)
- Experienced, trained and professional sales staff provided
- Minimal inventory investment compared to having to fill and entire sore
- Utilities Provided
- Ample parking and clean bathrooms for customers
- Security system
- Temperature controlled environment
- Regular business hours, 6 days a week!
- Accepts VISA / MasterCard /American Express/ Debit Cards and checks!
- We collect sales tax for you!
- No extra charge for advertising. We advertise through multiple outlets in 3+ states.
- Owning a business could have positive tax advantages! Check with your tax professional
- An Opportunity to Enjoy Your Antique Collecting and Selling with Limited Investment in Time, Funds, and Paperwork
- Booth rental is $1.50 per SQ/FT ($1.75 per SQ / FT for select wall and window booths)
- Booth sizes will range from 8 x 4, 8 x 5, 8 x 6 and 8 x 10. We will also have a few irregular sized booths
- Booths rentals will range from $48/month — $140/month
- Commission is 10 % on all vendor sales
- We will have showcases, fixtures, as wall space for rent if needed to display your items
We like to keep the items in the store to a vintage / antique / primitives feel with some collectables, handmade, and décor items. No wholesale or yard items. Please discuss with the manager if you have items that may not fit into these categories. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
8,000 Square Feet of Vendors
We have huge selection of antiques, primitives, collectibles, furniture, glassware, pottery, decoys, nautical décor, home décor, homemade items, and local vendor items. We also have a 1950’s Diner lounge for you to take a break and rest during your shopping trip!
Interested in Being a Vendor?
We would love to have you as a Vendor at The Rusty Rooster Antique Mall. We are looking for VENDORS that want to sell their antiques, collectables, primitives, artwork, furniture, Décor items, handmade items, as well as local vendor products.